TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for joining Youlead.lk.
HOW WE COLLECT DATA
We may collect data from you depending on the manner you use our services. Where for instance to use certain services offered by us, you are required to create and update an account in our website, during which we collect and store certain data’s such as your name, age, school grade/ profession, e-mail address, mobile number, gender, date of birth and assign you a specific identification code/number.
You can also obtain our services through connecting from your social media sites wherein we shall once again collect and store certain information with regard to your identity.
Furthermore when you visit our website certain information are collected through automated means. Wherein, technical data about your computer or device, like your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other systems data, and platform types are collected.
Certain other usage data’s such your interactions with the Services, including courses accessed, time spent on pages or the Service, pages visited, features used, your search queries, click data, date and time, and other data regarding your use of the Services shall also be collected via automated means.
COOKIES AND DATA COLLECTION TOOLS
We use server log files and automated data collection tools like cookies, tags, scripts, customized links, device or browser fingerprints, and web beacons (together, “Data Collection Tools”) when you access and use our services. These Data Collection Tools automatically track and collect certain System Data and Usage Data when you use the Services. These automated data collection tools are basically aimed at providing you a personalized and effective service through the collection of data and information that better understand your needs in relation to services offered by us.
SHARING OF DATA
- To Administer Promotions and Surveys: we may share your data as necessary to administer, market, or sponsor promotions and surveys you choose to participate in, as required by applicable law (like sending notifications about newly added courses to Youlead users via SMS/ email), or in accordance with the rules of the promotion or survey.
- For Security and Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
- Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of Youlead.lk, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Services.
Youlead.lk takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Youlead.lk, the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately.
This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, without regard to conflicts of law principles. The sole and exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any action or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement shall be in an appropriate court located in Colombo, Sri Lanka.